Bid Committees in the Public Sector
The PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Course provides you with the skills and tools needed to operationalise the legislative requirements as stipulated in the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA), Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act (PPFA) and Preferential Procurement Regulations in order to help you successfully implement supply chain management systems in your municipality and/or organisation. In addition to various aspects of the concept of supply chain management, you will come to understand the delegations, roles and functions of various bid committees (including their meeting procedures), as well as the application of the preference point system and calculation of points.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss elements of a supply chain management model that apply to the bid committee system;
- Apply knowledge of the applicable regulatory framework to ensure compliance;
- Discuss the importance of ethical conduct at all stages of the bid committee process;
- Apply knowledge of the functions of the Bid Speciation Committee;
- Apply knowledge of the functions of the Bid Evaluation Committee; and
- Apply knowledge of the functions of the Bid Adjudication Committee.
- SCM concepts
- Role-players in SCM
- Code of conduct for SCM practitioners
- Delegations, roles and functions of various bid committees (specification, evaluation and adjudication)
- Bid meeting procedures,
- Application of the preference points systems and the calculation of points.
Online Price - R3999.00
Venue Price - R8999.00
Who Should Attend - This course is ideal for you if you are a senior manager and/or a member of a bid specification, evaluation and adjudication committee.